Cook, Eat, Repeat.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tri Tip, Cucumbers and Muffins, Oh My!

I decided two things about what I was going to cook the other night, I was going to cook something with cucumbers and I was going to bake some muffins. Two very different things. Throughout the day i started craving a green papaya salad, so I thought maybe I would be adventurous and try and make one. That failed to say the least. But with some Asian infusion on my brain i decided i wanted to make some peanut sauce to go with something. Now all i had in the fridge was some Tri tip so I decided to try and make something light but delicious. I marinaded the tri tip in white wine, rice vinegar and a tiny bit of soy sauce. I also really wanted to do something with cucumbers. So I cut some up and put them in a bag with rice vinagar and white wine. I didnt know what i was making at all yet but i figured all these things could maybe go together. I was thinking maybe i would make some sort of a tri tip satay? But alas the steak just didnt taste like satay. So i decided to make some peanut sauce noodles and with the steak. I layered the cucumbers on the plate and decided they could just be eaten seperately. It turned out to be a really good and light meal. My roommate even said she liked the steak more then the filet mignon I made the other day!

Peanut Sauce Noodles With Tri Tip and Cucumbers

Simple and delicious. I made a huge mess though experimenting. So I took a cooking break and did a little homework, but i really wanted to make these muffins i had seen earlier on a website. They were Oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. Now as i started making the recipe I realized i wanted to give the muffins a little more pizzaz... which meant the recipe had no granulated sugar and no butter. So I threw some in there and i also decided to put peanut butter in them. They turned out so good! I made about 20 and their almost all gone!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins


Yum yum.
I wonder what I'll make this weekend..




No comments:

Post a Comment