Cook, Eat, Repeat.

Monday, September 14, 2009

I've never actually opened a food and wine magazine.

So last night around 2 am, as i was watching CSI and cruising for recipes (which has become a hobby of mine recently that i hadnt reazlized until just now) I remembered how I always see food and wine magazine in the stores and wondering if they might have some interesting recipes. I think I've opened one up before and skimmed it out of pure curiosity, but never have I really invested time into reading any of the articles. So... I went on their website last night and in a state of pure fatigue and interest ordered a subscription. So hopefully we'll have some inspirations from them soon... if not. I'll have to cancel it.

Anyways, in the most boring class in the world that I attended today, Classical Dramatic Literature, I was thinking about what I should make for dinner. I decided I was going to make something simple to conserve time for homework. I decided to make some sort of tasty pasta.
Now Im always trying to figure out how to make sauces, but since most of them have turned out fairly strange, I decided to keep it simple. Kalamata olives, minced garlic, butter, white wine, spinach and olive oil. This was my first time cooking with wine and it came out really successful! I also cooked the prawns in butter, garlic and olive oil. Delicious. To accompany the meal we had mixed greens with goat cheese and candied walnuts with oil olive and balsamic vinegar.

Prawns in Angel Hair Pasta with a Kalamata Olive Sauce

...and added some Parmesan cheese



I think I made it in about 15 mins max. I was worried because whenever I make a sauce it's either too salty or too plain and with the olives, it was just perfect.
I really am going to need to learn how to make some desserts as well though. I mean basic baking is easy but, I want like a strawberry pastry fold or something ya know? Maybe food and wine magazine will have a recipe like that. Doubtful...
Well now that i've got myself wanting to look in my joy of cooking cook book, I have to now avoid that urge and read a play.
Also, I've decided maybe this weekend to try and make a banana caramel cream pie. We'll see if time permits.

Over and out soldier.
Better get out of here before Gator Pig eats you.


(Gator Pig)


4 comments: