Cook, Eat, Repeat.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Poached Eggs and Enchilda Lasagna


This morning I think I poached an egg. Now this might not be exciting to most people but I was ecstatic. I can never really make an egg the way I want it, I need the yolk to be runny and the whites to be cooked, but I always cook the yolk and its gross to me. So today I decided to cook my egg in boiling water, but I destroyed to first egg I tried I didn't put enough water and it stuck to the bottom. The second was a success and with some whole wheat toast I had a good breakfast.

Over the weekend I wanted to try one of the recipes I had found online, it's called "Enchilada Lasagna". It looked like a delicious cheesy mess that me and my friends would enjoy. I set out to make this meal for my household and the many people who frequent it and took my time at the store to get all of the ingredients... then I came home and realized I had forgotten sour cream. I had to go back to the store again and get some. Finally I had everything I needed. Now you may be wondering how you make lasagna out of enchiladas. Well its fairly simple, you take of the mix you would put in an enchilada with a lot more sour cream and layer it in a pan with tortillas instead of noodles and add a whole lot of cheese. It came out great and everyone in the house ate it. We also used some chips to scoop up the remaining cheese and insides. Yum.

Chicken Enchilada Lasagna


Cheesy and Delicious


There is still some left in the fridge, I should probably just turn it into a dip or some sort. We shall see. I've got a lot of homework tonight but if I have enough time I'm going to make an experimental dish with cucumbers.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment