Cook, Eat, Repeat.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Drank

I did not cook for Thanksgiving because I was terribly sick, and my family pretty much has the routine down. Now I'm not complaining, because the food is delicious. I had sent a recipe to my Aunt a month before and it was a spiced rum pumpkin drink, that was fairly complicated but looked worth the effort. But in my Robitussin induced state I did not get the ingredients and it did not happen. While I was at my grandmothers though I wanted to bring something to the mix, so I went online and looked up some recipes and found one that seemed like it would work. It contained a lot of schnapps and I was ready. Well we got to the store, which is smaller and way less stocked then the one I go to and was disappointed to find that one of the main ingredients was missing. So.. I had to wing it. I replaced my ingredient with a can of purred pumpkin and left, understanding that my creation was either going to be really gross, or really delicious. When I got back to my grandmas I started my concoction. I poured some apple juice into a pot and started heating it, added some pumpkin puree, and some Hot Damn Cinnamon Schnapps, I decided that it would be really good with some brandy as well so I rummaged through my grandmas liquor cabinet and found some good old E&J.

Spiced Pumpkin Apple Cider

some delicious ingredients

(Photo's by Maia Olmstead)
Recipe

4 Cups Apple Juice or Cider
1/2 Cup Purred Pumpkin
1 or 2 oz Of Hot Damn Burst (Cinnamon Schnapps)
3 or 4 oz Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment