Cook, Eat, Repeat.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Instant Vanillia Pudding ChocolateChip Cookies & Greek Pasta

I feel like chocolate chip cookies are a staple in most peoples lives, whether your mom made them for you as a kid, or if you grew up and realized that making these babies was an easy out in a potluck. Anyways, I've put myself into a rut, in which the only way my chocolate chip cookies turn out fantastic is if I make them in bar form. I want to break out, I want to break freeeee from these god damn cookie bars that seem to be haunting me. So... I found a recipe, strange but reassuringly good that I was ready and destined to try. Now, I understand why my cookies suck unless in bar form, I'm impatient. Its because I dont soften the butter, I melt it. Sigh. I know, but we didnt have a microwave and it was me versus the stove. This time I bought the butter and never put it in the fridge so I wouldnt have to face this issue. If you cant solve it, work around it. So this recipe had one quirk which made it pop, instead of added in hella granulated sugar, you add in a packet of vanilla instant pudding (I was tempted to do chocolate but I stuck to the recipe, next time ladies and gents). I made the batter and instantly couldn't stop myself from eating it. It was so much better then any i'd tried before. So I started making the cookies, some small, some big, some firm some chewy. This recipe is fool proof to get you some of the best damn cookies you can make.

Vanilla Instant Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies


Recipe:
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 box (3.4 ounces) vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Makes up to 44 cookies.

I recently got some pasta from Greece that my neighbor brought back with her and I couldnt wait to eat it! But alas, the woman who usually makes this for me is a skilled cook and I had large shoes to fill. So... I tried to make it my own. Didnt work. I put a lot of garlic and olive oil on it and... well it tasted terrible. So... I put the rest in my fridge to wait until I found the correct opportunity to eat it with. PESTO! Yesss, I went into this health food market looking for Goats milk and found some tasty other things, and one of them was pesto. So I made a cold pasta salad with it and then utilized the other things I bought, some Sicilian Hot sausage and my classic side dish of spinach and onions.

Greek Pasta with Spinach and Sausage




No comments:

Post a Comment